Summer is here and school is finally out! The kids are always thrilled to have a two month break but it can be challenging for parents to find ways to keep their young ones busy and engaged. Luckily, the city of Toronto has so many fun and affordable, family-friendly activities to offer all summer long! There will be plenty of opportunity to make some great memories with family and friends. Here are a few ideas:
Movies in Toronto Parks
- Movies outside? What could be better? Check out showtimes and locations here.
City Street Festivals
- The Redpath Waterfront Festival along Toronto’s beautiful waterfront from Spadina to Bay (July 1 – July 3)
- The Beaches International Jazz Festival (July 7 – July 30)
- Toronto Caribbean Carnival from (July 11 – August 7)
- Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition from July 14 – 16 is a great, free, way to enjoy art and fresh air in one
- Taste of the Danforth from August 11– 13 is always a yummy weekend
And, of course, the classics
These are just a few of many free and affordable options for fun this summer. Get out there, explore, and be a tourist in your own city! And remember, be sun safe and drink lots of water to avoid heat stroke and sun burns. From everyone here at Interval House, we hope your summer is filled with love, laughter, and fun in the sun!