It’s summer time! Here are two creative, kid-friendly recipes to celebrate the magic of summer.
Old Fashioned Lemonade with Freshly Squeezed Lemons
Time to make: 15 mins
Yield: 8 cups
- 5 lbs. lemons
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Cut lemons in half. Juice each lemon through a strainer into a large measuring cup. Keep juicing until you have 2 cups of lemon juice.
- Pour water into a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar. Continue cooking over heat until sugar is dissolved and liquid looks clear again.
- Combine sugar solution with lemon juice. This is a lemonade concentrate. When ready to serve, add water to taste.
Mud Pudding with Worms
Time to make: 1hr
Yield: 10 servings
Add some freezing time to this recipe for a colder version.
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavour Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 15 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups), divided
- 10 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in COOL WHIP and 1/2 cup cookie crumbs.
- Spoon into 10 (6- to 7-oz.) cups; top with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with fruit snacks just before serving.