If you are a victim of abuse, or think you may be, you can contact us right now.
Violence in a relationship can happen over time or in an instant. Does your relationship have any of these signs of abuse?
- Physical abuse, including slapping, hitting, punching, pushing, shoving, choking
- Striking with any kind of weapon/objects
- Physically harming children
- Sexual assault/rape
- Threatening children
- Disregard for welfare of children
- Physically harming family pets
- Degradation and humiliation
- Isolation and confinement
- Emotional, psychological and verbal abuse
- Threatening language
- Escalating arguments
- Withdrawal of emotional or financial support
- Attempts to control or cut off friendships or family ties
- Increased hostility toward other friends or family
If you see any of these signs of abuse in your relationship, get help immediately. You can also learn more by reading what can I do?