Build and develop a career in the social service industry with Interval House!
For employment inquiries, contact us at email@example.com. For volunteer opportunites please click here.
Current Employment Opportunities
INTERVAL HOUSE has an available full-time position for:
SUPERVISOR – COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
The Community Programs Supervisor will contribute to the effective planning, coordination and evaluation of all components of the Community Program. The incumbent will provide supervision to the program staff to meet the needs of the program, consistent with Interval House policies, procedures and strategic direction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide effective leadership and supervision
- Initiate and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of program service plans, designed to ensure effective delivery of client services and achievement of objectives
- Identify and analyze issues and problems and develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Ensure accurate preparation of bi-weekly payroll requisitions and weekly petty cash replenishments
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers and placement students
- Develop and/or participate in budget preparation and administration
- Gather and compile data, and ensure accurate statistical and analytical program reports
- Develop and maintain effective external relationships and partnerships and build a strong client referral base
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post secondary education and a minimum of three years supervisory experience including:
- Experience and/or training in outcome-based program/service planning and evaluation
- Knowledge and/or experience of budget development, and analytical reporting
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and methods of staff supervision and leadership
- Ability to set clear direction and supervise workflow
- Ability to establish and foster effective working relationships among team members
- Ability to train and develop employees’ skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills - verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative, manage conflicts, adapt to and manage change
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing marketing, communication and outreach strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of case management and counselling modalities
- Knowledge of strategies, career development related programs and services that promote economic self-sufficiency for women and housing services
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting women and children who have suffered abuse, and the available resources and services to support them
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel; Access and Power Point an asset.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume in the body of your email. Attachments will not be opened.
Only applicants with the required qualifications and experience will be interviewed. All successful applicants must undergo a criminal reference check.Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity and diversity and does not condone any form of discrimination.