Build and develop a career in the social service industry with Interval House!
For employment inquiries, contact us at email@example.com. For volunteer opportunites please click here.
Current Employment Opportunities
INTERVAL HOUSE has positions available for:
Fundraising and Volunteer Administrator
Women's Counsellor/Advocate (Relief)
FUNDRAISING AND VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATOR
The Fundraising and Volunteer Administrator’s overall responsibility is to contribute to Interval House fundraising programs and initiatives through the development, implementation and evaluation of volunteer-related strategies, initiatives and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of Interval House volunteer program and strategies
- Update and maintain policies and systems, records and a database for the volunteer program
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of new volunteers
- Ensure volunteers’ job descriptions and postings are updated
- Establish process of matching groups and individual volunteers to various activities, based on organizational need and the interests of the volunteers
- Coordinate and implement systems to keep volunteers properly informed about the organization, their boundaries, safety, security and emergency measures
- Support the Directors with developing and implementing the volunteer program evaluation systems
- Initiate and plan events and recognition systems for volunteers
- Liaise with the Resources Development team to identify and/or execute moves management strategies for volunteers
- Organize volunteer orientation & training to ensure clarity of duties and expectations
- Respond to individual and corporate/group volunteer requests and coordinate intake
- Liaise with all departments to identify and create volunteer opportunities for individual and corporate/group volunteers
- Arrange volunteer training specific to the volunteer program
Resource Development Program
- Assist in the administration of annual giving, planned giving, major gift, corporate programs, and other related initiatives as needed
- Assist with preparing necessary materials and briefing notes for solicitation calls with current and prospective major donors
- Respond to inquiries from agency’s current and prospective donors and updating donor files
- Prepare letters, mailings and presentations to ensure timely correspondence with donors and stakeholders
- Assist with planning and implementation of events, including the annual open house, graduation, cultivation and/or recognition events, and third party events
- Assist with the administrative tasks associated with the planning and implementation of special projects
- Represent Interval House at public events
- Assist with the implementation of Interval House’s website and social media strategies
- Liaise with agency consultants such as graphic designers, direct mail agency, website developer, etc.
- Assist with updating and maintaining Resource Development policies and systems
Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience and / or knowledge in fundraising and volunteer management
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting women and children who have suffered abuse, and the available resources and services to support them
- Post-secondary education and/or a demonstrated track record of effective administrative and organizational abilities
- Conduct that demonstrates adherence to the AFP Standards of Professional Practice
- Computer literate with skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Demonstrated skills to engage with others, listen, and provide feedback
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and foster teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to manage interpersonal conflict
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality
- Behavioral focus on ethics, integrity, loyalty and goal & result oriented
- Focus on continuous self-development
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to implement results in a timely manner
- Thorough and detail-oriented work related approaches
- Analytical, planning, organizing and reporting skills - verbal and written
- Persistence, compassionate, non-judgmental & adaptable behavior that demonstrates caring for others
- An understanding of Diversity and Inclusion and ability to create a supportive work environment for diverse staff
Please e-mail your resume in confidence to the address below.
Please include your resume in the body of your e-mail; attachments may not be opened.
Only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
All successful applicants must undergo a criminal reference check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and does not condone any form of discrimination.
WOMEN’S COUNSELLOR / ADVOCATE (RELIEF)
Incumbents will be responsible for helping the women and children in our Residential Programs to deal effectively with the impact of violence on their lives. They will work cooperatively according to schedules that include day, evening, night and weekend shifts with duties at the Shelter and/or in the community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Staffing the 24-Hour Crisis Telephone Line; Responding to emergency situations as required; Undertaking needs assessment; Using the Case Management System; Providing counseling-related information and resources; Delivering supportive individual and group counseling services; Managing effective conflict resolution; Implementing and coordinating Shelter operations; Performing on-call duties, Carrying out general office administration that includes maintaining up-to-date documentation with routine and incident-related record-keeping, statistical data, and report writing.
Incumbents will adhere to Interval House’s mission, vision, policies and practices within a performance management accountability system. They will ensure effective internal and external communications and participate in ongoing team building and teamwork.
- Post secondary education and/or related experience in counselling and advocacy for women and children
- Skills and experience in program planning, implementation and group facilitation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of resources and issues affecting women and children who have experienced abuse
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated professionalism in work ethics and presentation
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and flexible with ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments and meeting changing deadlines
- Ability take initiative, manage and adapt to change
- High level of accountability, commitment and attention to detail
- Absolutely sensitive to proprietary information
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Innovative and resourceful
- Demonstrated inclination for professional development and continuous learning
- Ability to work in an ethnically diverse environment
Please email your resume in confidence to SPruthi@intervalhouse.ca stating your salary expectations. Please include your resume in the body of your email; attachments will not be opened.
Only applicants with the required qualifications and experience will be interviewed. All successful applicants must undergo a criminal reference check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity and diversity and does not condone any form of discrimination.