Build and develop a career in the social service industry with Interval House!
For employment inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For volunteer opportunites please click here.
About Interval House:
Interval House is a growth-oriented non-profit organization. As the first shelter for abused women and children in Canada, we are leaders in the campaign for women’s empowerment, providing innovative, specialized services that help abused women and their children transform their lives and break the cycle of violence (website: www.intervalhouse.ca)
Interval House provides a continuum of services that enable abused women and children to have access to safe shelter and responsive services that help them establish lives free from violence. The continuum includes integrated and specialized services related to counselling, advocacy, outreach, legal and housing support, as well as programs to help build economic self-sufficiency.
Current Employment Opportunities
Are you looking for a career where you can work with an amazing team to make a difference in the lives of women and children?
INTERVAL HOUSE has an available full-time position for:
PROGRAM SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Job Summary: The Program Support Coordinator provides support to the Community Programs team to accomplish work plan activities designated to achieve identified goals within the framework of the Building Economic Self Sufficiency (BESS) program.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting with implementing outreach and networking strategies, building and maintaining relationships with Community Partners, as needed
- Undertake leadership in planning, organising and coordinating all events for the program
- Participate in the planning, preparation and promotion of all programs, workshops, events, etc.
- Develop, update and maintain related database and record management systems, including archiving system for retrieval, analysis and production of internal and external reports, and archiving
- Assist with updating clients’ file
- Coordinate meetings logistics
- Participating in the review and update of manuals, program policies, procedures
- Take initiative to identify and recommend process efficiencies
- Coordinate and complete significant special projects independently or in collaboration with other groups
- Prepare work orders for the program
- Order and maintain office supplies and inventory
- Assist with tracking successful intakes and referrals to programs offered by other community agencies on a monthly basis.
- Assist with providing relevant administrative support to the programs’ clients, as required
As an employee, you will benefit from:
- Employee’s Work-life balance
- Competitive compensation
- A positive work environment
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education and minimum of two (2) years’ experience in administrative field
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of administrative processes in non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated experience leading event planning and coordination
- Knowledge related to workshop design and presentations
- Understanding of barriers for women who have survived abuse
- Experience in public speaking and working with private, public and non-profit sectors
- Ability to network program, establish and maintain business relationships and partnerships in the private, not-for-profit and governmental sectors
- Demonstrated experience with database and programs software, computer applications and office equipment
- Solution-focused problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of managing emotional stress
- Analytical, planning, organizing and reporting skills – verbal and written
- Emphasis on delivery of results in a timely manner and emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility when needed
- Ability to build and foster reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior and respect for boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume in confidence to the address below, marking ‘Program Support Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Please include your resume in the body of your e-mail; attachments may not be opened.
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants, but only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and/or must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
All successful applicants must undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.